How can I view my student’s account for charges and payment history?

You can do this online 24/7 at our website

When are payments due? Why do I have late fees?

Remember, monthly installments are due on the 1st of each month. Partial payments are not accepted and will be returned to the resident. Late fees will begin to accrue on any balance not paid by the 5th. Late fees are 1% of your monthly rent not to exceed 5%. You will incur late fees starting on the 6th of each month. If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, the student will be subject to the eviction process. Additionally fees are applied to the account for the costs associated with eviction and court fees.

Why do I pay a full installment in August, but I move in on the 15th and then pay another full installment on September 1st? Shouldn’t August be pro-rated?

Leases are calculated for the time the resident occupies the unit, August 19th to July 31st. The total amount due is then divided into 12 equal installments to assist in having more manageable payments. For example, if your annual rate is $9,600 (August 19th to July 31st), then we divide the total into 12 equal installments of $800 due on the first of each month. There is also the option of paying the full annual amount of $9,600 in August. There is also the option to make two installments of $4,800 (one August 1st and again January 1st).

What payment options are available to make monthly installment payments?

Residents have 3 payment options available to them:

Option 1 (Preferred Option): ACH Payment Processing via your Portal Account (No Convenience Fee)

• ACH Processing refers to electronic transfer from your checking account.

ACH Payment Instructions

  1. Go to the Residents Portal
  2. Enter your username and password.
  3. Click on the green button “Make a Payment.”
  4. Click on the green button “Add New Payment Account”
  5. Enter required account information. You will need:
  1. Account Type checking or savings
  2. Account Routing Number
  3. Account Number
  1. The Account Routing Number and Account Number can be found at the bottom of your personal checks.
  1.  If you enter credit card information in this field, the account will be invalid, causing the resident’s account to reflect insufficient funds payment and incur a fee. Multiple insufficient funds payment will result in the resident making payments via certified funds (cashier’s check or money order) only.

6. Follow steps to make payment on portal account

Option 2: Personal Check, Cashier’s Check or Money Order

  1. Complete all information on the check
    1. Make payment payable to: The Towers at UTC
    2. Include resident’s name, unit number, and purpose of payment (rent, parking, electricity).
  2. Place payment in Drop Box located next to main office.

Option 3: Credit Card Payment via Telephone ($18.95 Convenience Fee)

Telephone Payment Instructions:

  1. Call 1-888-744-0026.
  2. Enter your “payment coupon account number” not your unit number and follow the telephone prompts.
    1. You can locate your payment coupon account number online through the resident portal or by contacting our leasing staff.
  3. A convenience fee of $18.95 per credit card transaction will be charged.

How can I send mail and packages to my student at the Towers?

Here is the address for all mail:


“Resident Name”

6515 Belcrest Road Apt #____(Be sure to include the room letter A, B, C, or D)

Hyattsville, Maryland 20782


All mail must be addressed to a Towers at UTC resident as listed on our resident roster, mail that is not properly mailed to a resident will be returned to sender.  All packages that do not require a signature will be delivered to the Security Center. Photo IDs are required for picking up packages from the Security Center.  Packages requiring a signature will be delivered to the resident’s door.  All mail will be delivered to the apartment’s mailbox; each resident receives a mailbox key for the unit at move in.

What if my student is having a problem with a roommate or neighbor? What if there is inappropriate activity?

We encourage residents to attempt to resolve issues in a civil manner. If the resident is unsuccessful or feels uncomfortable resolving the issue, we have staff available to help. We encourage the resident to make contact with our Assistant Community Manager, Patricia Sidbury. Together we will try to find a resolution.

If my student needs something repaired in the unit, what should they do?

Your student can go online 24/7 and submit service requests.  The service request is what is used to communicate with the Service Team that there is a need in the apartment.  Log into the resident portal and click on “Maintenance Request”.  Complete the required filled identifying the areas of concern and submit.  Please complete one request per issue, do not include multiple issues on one request.  The Service Team will complete work within 48 business hours of submission.  If any follow-up or outside vendors are needed, the staff will update information directly in the service request.  You can submit requests online or on any mobile device.

Can my student use financial aid to pay their monthly installments?

Residents can apply to use Financial Aid to pay their monthly installment. Resident requests will be considered on a case by case basis as certain criteria must be met in order to qualify. Residents should see the Community Accountant, Angel McNatt, to see if they qualify.

Where can my student park?

There are two parking options available at the Towers at UTC.  There is an uncovered outdoor lot available for $75 per month.  There is also indoor garage parking available for $120 a month. Indoor paring is very limited and spaces are assigned on a first come basis.

My student has signed a lease and needs to terminate the lease prior to the lease end date. What are my options?

In order for the resident to be relinquished from their leasing obligations, they resident will need to utilize the Resident Replacement process. The resident will still be financially liable for the lease until the replacement process is complete. To begin the process, the resident will be required to:

  1. Complete the Resident Replacement Form (Please be advised, after signing this form the resident will still be liable for the rent, until a replacement is found and they complete the application and sign a lease.)
  2. Have an account balance of zero.
  3. Pay the $300 subleasing fee

The replacement resident will be required to fill out an application and pay the $25 dollar application fee in the form of a check or money order. 

When the resident has completely moved out of the apartment, they must return apartment key, mailbox key, parking access card and hangtag (if applicable) to the Leasing Office. DO NOT give the keys directly to the replacement resident. This is to prevent them from moving in without completing the lease. If the replacement resident moves into the space without completing the application and signing the lease, the lease will still be in your student’s name and your student will be liable for the space and all monies owed until the end of the lease term. The replacement cannot move until 7 days after the previous resident has have moved out to provide adequate time to the staff to prepare the room for the new resident. For more information or help navigating through the Replacement Resident process, please contact Patricia Sidbury


Follow us to see what's going on in your student's community.